Tours and Safari Destinations in Nigeria
Wondering if there are any tour or safari destinations in Nigeria? Wonder no more, as I will expose you to tour and safari destinations you did not know existed in Nigeria, and also how to get the best experience from these tours.
- Take a safari to the Yankari game reserve:
All roads lead to Yankari games reserve in Bauchi. Here you will experience nature in a wildlife retreat. Activities to do here include;
- Take a guided safari tour explore the tropical forests.
- Bathe in the Wikki warm spring.
- Visit the museum for a narration of events in the reserve since its establishment.
What to have on your trip to the Yankari games reserve are;
- Gate fee which is about one thousand and five hundred naira, (about eight dollars).
- Bathing suits and towels for your swim in the warm spring.
- Eight thousand naira (about forty-three dollars) for your guided safari tour.
- Light clothes to cope with the slightly hot temperature of the reserve
- Explorer shoes
- Extra cash, as there are no ATM machines in the reserve.
- Olumo Rock Group Tour:
Take a trip to the ancient city of Abeokuta where the fortress rock stands. Start your tour at the base of the rock where the art gallery displays the beautiful history of the Egba people. Then climb to the apex of the rock; you could use the elevator at an extra cost, or skip it to ensure the fun with your friends as you climb to the top of the rock. Guides are available on site to help you explore the rock, and also tell you beautiful stories about the rock and the people who made it a home first. Entrance fee is pegged at one thousand and five hundred naira, (about eight dollars).
- The Ikoogosi warm spring:
The warm spring which features two springs flowing side by side, but never mixing, and at different temperatures, is the perfect tour destination for you and your loved ones. Come with your coolers of drinks and picnic baskets for a day(s) of fun and relaxation. Also come with bathing suits for swimming in the swimming pool which is fed from the natural springs. There are accommodation options such as chalets for those who want to spend more than a day.
- Erin Ijesha Tour destination:
This is located in Ondo state, and records people traveling from within and outside Nigeria, all year round. It is a seven step waterfalls that gives her visitors a unique experience in her fountains. Entrance to this site costs just two hundred naira, which is about less than a dollar.
- Gumti Gashaka national park:
By far the largest national park and tour destination in the country, the Gumti Gahsaka national park is located in North-Eastern Nigeria. It is a great place to watch wildlife such as the giant forest hog, leopard, white backed Duiker, Buffalo, Wild dog, Waterbuck, Chimpanzees, and also interact with some of them. It also boasts of rich flora and aquatic habitat. It is a favorite bird watchers’ site, because it biodiversity cannot be rivaled anywhere in the country.
When going on tours and safaris, tourists should be safety conscious. Although most of the tourist destinations are safe, it is often advisable not to try to feed the wildlife.